Welcome to CHFCare.org
- CHFCare.org was created to meet a simple need: A practical website without fluff or nonsense to guide heart failure management.
- We discuss only the facts. What works. What doesn’t. What to do. When to do it. When to stop it.
- This site was created by and is curated by practicing clinicians for practicing clinicians-in other words practicality rules.
- Editorial board is chaired by a board certified heart failure and transplant cardiologist (Chief Medical Editor) and co-chaired by a CHF ARNP (Managing Editor)
- We welcome your insight and comments.
Thank you for your care and commitment to patients!
Achieve Clinical Excellence
“Stop chasing quality measures and transform your current program into a high performing CHFCare System.”
- Move beyond a CHF clinic to a CHFCare system with the appropriate structure and processes to consistently deliver high quality outcomes
- CHFCare Systems are designed to provide consistent clinical excellence-every patient, every time
- Quality is NOT an outcome; Quality is an attribute of the outcome
- CHFCare Systems integrate with electronic medical records to facilitate care communications for perfect patient handoffs
- Tools such as “STEPPED CARE” medication titration, health status tracking tool (HST) and our proprietary success inventory tools (SITs) are fully integrated
- The first deliverable lays out a comprehensive assessment of your current program and areas of excellence and identifies deficits and challenges.
- Through iterative participatory action research (iPAR), continuous quality improvement and adaptive systematic change are designed into every CHFCare system
Better Care=Better Outcomes Blog
Beta blockers proven effective through clinical trials (bisoprolol, carvedilol,
While all ACE inhibitors are believed equally effective only
Current guidelines are continuing to extend the range of